If you are on Twitter, you are likely familiar with the ability to tag your comments so they are searchable and can be linked with an initiative, conference, organization or other category just by adding the symbol "#" in front of the specific term. One that intrigues me is #Agvocate.
I think I speak for most Ag PR professionals when I say that being an “Agvocate” sums up the reason I earned my Ag communications degree and want to come to work each day. However, if you watch the national news, it seems we are fighting an uphill battle and there is increasing need to promote the benefits of modern agriculture, educate on how producers are stewards of the land and other natural resources, and teach people where their milk comes from.
Thanks to social media it is easier than ever for every “Agvocate,” not just PR professionals, to tell their story and make all of our efforts more public and unified. All you have to do is add #Agvocate to your tweet!
So next time you have a discussion at the water cooler, read an informative article, invite kids from the city to tour your farm or make a decision for your Ag company (or even on your Facebook Farmville farm) based on the environmental impact, talk about it. We all have to tell Ag’s side of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment