Feeding calves and milking cows on the farm, driving farm-to-farm selling herd health products to dairy producers, and promoting the wonderful business I know as dairy farming and the dairy industry has led me to where I am today.
A small-town girl from Monroe, Wisconsin left the guidance of her parents to experience college life in Gopher Country. The University of Minnesota not only offered me great educational wisdom from dairy cattle genetics to proper technical editing practices, but also everyday practical knowledge from big city living to dairy cattle fitting. Not to mention my numerous internships and extracurricular activities while at the U.
In just four years I managed to obtain a degree in Animal Science and minors in communications and applied economics and have now found myself back in America’s Dairyland. I chose to intern this summer at Charleston|Orwig to gain more knowledge and experience in marketing and communications in an agency setting. In my short time here I have learned that I will have the opportunity to get my feet wet in many different aspects of the agency. However, I will mainly be focusing my efforts on Public Relations, writing and editing various publications. I am looking forward to my time here, the people I will meet and the projects I will be handed.
No comments:
Post a Comment